Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!

I had planned on doing something to celebrate Day's birthday once we got here, but wansn't sure what. Much to my delight, there was a Dollar Tree and a Walmart within walking distance from our condo. So with some sneaky work to get out by myself, I hit the Dollar Tree for some party stuff and Walmart for a small cake. I hid everything in a cabinet in the kitchen until the next morning at 6:30 a.m. when I woke up early to decorate the condo. Lucky for me Cooper was awake to "help" me. We pulled it off just in time for him to wake up. He was very surprised and touched that we did all of that just for him. I didn't realize until then that I had forgotten a lighter for the candles. After a long search for some matches or a lighter, he finally made a quick trip to the dollar tree himself, to buy a lighter for us to sing happy birhtday to him, so he could really blow out his candles. After lighting all 30 of the candles, we were afraid the fire alarm would go off, so we blew them out and cut the total down to three. I can only assume that his wish was to spend the next 12 hours driving home, because that's all we got to do for his birthday. We had plans to go out for a nice dinner and then head home after that, but mother nature had other plans. The "Tropical Depression" was turning and heading straight for Destin, so we left around 6:30 and had some Arby's on the road. Not quite the day he had planned, but we'll keep celebrating all weekend. I love you babe, and can't wait to spend the next 30 years with you! (and then some:)


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger starnes family said...

Happy Birthday, Day!!!! And, hello to the Diaz family. Love the blog.....keep posting pictures of those precious boys.

September 23, 2007 at 8:49:00 AM CDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home